There is nothing quite like getting into a warm, bubbly, rosemary & mint-scented tub at the end of a long day, to relax, have some quiet time, decompress, feel some sort of sophistication after spending a day in sweats.
Even when I have 'non-mama' time, when he is fast asleep, growing and cooking away in his warm bedroom, there are little pieces of him scattered all around my world. And they never fail to bring a smile to my face, as I imagine him cracking himself up because, apparently, it's very funny to line up the tubby animals on the tub wall shelf. Hilarious. ;)
Side note: Whenever Matt walks into the bathroom during Ben's tub time, he says 'Ben, where's the pig?' To his credit, the bunny is usually faced-down and covered in bubbles, so he does look a little boar-ish. Though I do wonder if our kid will grow up thinking that pigs have long ears, whiskers and cotton tails.....
Happy New Year to you.
xox
How handsome is he.. honestly melt my heart.
ReplyDeleteLove the bunny as a pig.. Reminds me of once I went to the mall and Liv was wearing a shirt with a pink elephant with a medium size trunk.. Doesnt the old man in the store have a good laugh and say to his wife " Look at the pig he has a funny nose" Bless him :)
Ooh, now that sounds like a lovely way to spend some time on a winter night!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you, Blair.