Thursday, February 4, 2010

SiMpLe ThInGs

Dear sweet friends,

As I was away, I was unable to partake in the Simple Things postings of late January. I thought it was such a lovely idea, so moving and inspiring, that I created my list, albeit a bit late. So, I welcome February with my list of simple things and hope that this month brings peace, love and health to those around the world, including you.



My SiMpLe ThInGs



My husband’s voice
Daily phone calls with my mom
Being my father's daughter
Friendships that have lasted and grown throughout the years
Having an older brother
Having a younger brother
**
Sand between my toes
Being a woman
Being healthy
Rosy cheeks and freckled faces
Good conversation
My dog’s rare and random bark
**
Old-fashioned street lamps and cobble-stoned roads
Being snowed in
The first sign of spring
Christmas Eve
Opening stockings
**
Gruyere Cheese
Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
A pretty glass of pink wine
The sound of my husband playing the piano
A book that I can’t stop reading
**
Naptime with hubby and Luna
My lovely new couches- just the perfect shade of pale blue
Classics and Jazz- a French radio station that we stream in our home- plays the perfect blend of music, no matter my mood
Hand-written letters
Leaving little notes for hubby
**
The blonde curls and big brown eyes of my lovely nephew
My nephews & nieces (and how they all call me auntie Blair:))
The long driveway leading to my sweet home
My husband’s singing voice
My husband’s dancing face
**
When Luna greets me as soon as I walk through the door, like I’m the most important thing on the planet
Filet Mignon and Lobster
Autumn in New England
Birds eating from my bird feeder
Composting
**
Fresh Flowers
Shades of Blues, Pinks, Whites
Flicking through Home Design and Garden magazines on a Saturday morning
Our Saturday morning routine of eating egg sandwiches, drinking big mugs of coffee and listening to NPR
A pair of shoes that is both cute AND comfy:)
**
Outdoor speakers
Outdoor showers
Canoe rides
Singing out loud to myself
Laughter
**
Watching my parents dance together
*
Dancing with hubby
*

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Many of mine as well :)

    Can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blair..so good to see that you're back...

    I missed you too...

    what a wonderful list to read through...

    i would say YES! to everything on it....

    we sure do like the very same things....

    looking forward to hearing about your trip..

    sending love
    kary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you Blaire!
    And what a beautiful post to come to after your absence....this list is just WONDERFUL. So many of the things I love, too.
    I love how much you love your husband. I feel the same way about mine.
    And I loved picturing your long driveway. *swoon*
    Great to have you back!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to so much of those :) Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Blair! And the perfect start with this beautiful list - beet & goat cheese salad, why didn't I add that to mine?? Love it and the fact that you're so happy & content in your life. Looking forward to hearing abouit your trip, I bet Luna was pleased to see you back! Love, Rachel xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blair..just so you know..your name is in the bucket !

    kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh blair such a lovely list...i too have an older brother and a younger brother and this makes me very happy indeed. i love how you said 'being my father's daughter'...so sweet & precious!
    your husband clearly makes your heart sing...i hope i find a love like that one day too! this is a beautiful list...thank you for sharing!
    xo.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the comments, ladies:). This was a fun list to write.... it could have gone on forever:). Dawn, we love the long driveway (though we love it least when we have to snow blow it:)). Rachel, there is a little restaurant in Connecticut that makes AMAZING goat cheese, beet & walnut salad! Absolutely delicious! If you're ever out in this area, I'll send you the info.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blair, I found you on Christina's blog at Soul Aperture, and wanted to tell you: This weekend I'm borrowing her "Simple Things" challenge on my blog. Come visit me at chrisalba-enchantedoak.blogspot.com and then link up with me and tell me so, and I'll send $2 more to Haiti for you. My family is uplifting a medical clinic there. Your post is beautiful. Your husband love is especially wonderful. God bless you!
    Chris at Enchanted Oak

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely little notes :).