Saturday, February 6, 2010

48 Hours of Oslo

Our visit to Oslo was such a pleasure, though it wasn’t long enough. The city is so rich with history; it was hard to take it all in during such a short period of time. While Matt was conferencing in the northern mountains of Norway, I wandered the streets of Oslo, visiting museums (National Gallery and the Munch Museum), Vigeland Sculpture Park, residential areas, Karl Johans Gate (which was full of twinkle lights….. my favorite ;)). It’s absolutely a brilliant city and I hope to make it back there. When I got home, I realized that I hadn’t taken nearly as many photos as I’d hoped, but here are some impressions from the trip. Enjoy!

Boats, resting for the winter, Aker Brygge




Mom & baby seals, Aker Brygge


A lovely silver display at a floral shop


Rose gardens, covered in winter, Vigeland Statue Park




More from Vigeland....








This little guy was checking out the river below (he was quite the ham, posing for photos)



How I love corner floral shops! This one did not disappoint:)


Colorful homes....



Including a pink one **heart**


Twinkle Lights at Karl Johans Gate








Royal Palace

7 comments:

  1. Blair..all so wintry and beautiful...love that tall double row of bare trees..and YES! the PINK house...and the twinkling lights...it does look magical....

    I really enjoyed seeing all of this...looking forward to more.....

    are you snowed in?

    oh, and LOVE the new header...darling.

    stay warm, my friend,

    sending love
    Kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kary! I just discovered the joys of photoshop :). We're not snowed in; I don't think we're supposed to get hit with the storm... but we are staying in... your meal sounds delicious! Have a good night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty photos!! Looks like a wonderful trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blair- I just love the stark bare trees against the grey wintery skies. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blair, just lovely! I especially loved the calm, peaceful statues. I went to Norway once, we were there in August for the midnight sun which was amazing. Beautiful country. Looks like you had a fantastic trip. And the new header is GREAT - I must find out about Photoshop, it makes all the difference. With love, Rachel xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those statues are what struck me. So emotional. So abstract.

    I also love the bright yellow house, although I would never be so brave!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. honey, these are glorious photos!!
    i love that you shared these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely little notes :).