Thursday, June 9, 2011

June blooms & puppy love

Happy June.


Happy (near) summer:).


The flowers are blooming here like mad.


When I was 8 months pregnant, I planted several perennial bulbs around the house, big belly and all. 


I'm delighted that the little guys have made their appearance:). And will bloom for many years to come.


And each year that these blooms show their lovely heads, I will tell Ben that they were planted the year that he was born. The year that our lives changed forever:).

peonies from the garden- my absolute favorite:)

On another note, Ben loves himself some serious puppy.


It may not appear that way from the above photo, but he adores his dog. The phrase 'Benji, gentle...' is frequently said around here, as he wants to take his puppy and devour her. We have to show him how to be sweet to the pup. She may look like a walking teddy bear, but she's much more fragile:).

I don't know many bears that walk around the wild with tennis balls in their mouths:).


This week we had a scary reminder of how precious this life is. Thankfully, everyone will be fine, but there is an overwhelming desire to give extra long hugs, make more phone calls and throw in some extra I love yous to the people that matter. Life is so goddamned good and it needs to be cherished and celebrated. It's too short to do anything but.



Happy almost summer. I hope you're enjoying every beautiful minute of it with the ones that you love.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden....and what a handsome boy!!

    Happy summer Blaire!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a delighful post...you and your sweet little boy = MUCH HAPPINESS

    Happy Summer to you too, my friend

    kary and teddy
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely little notes :).