Wednesday, July 21, 2010

morning still (and the tomato thief mystery)

I've been awake since 4am thinking of all of the things I could should be doing. Checking e-mail, writing work reports, folding that ever-growing pile of laundry that has taken over a fourth of my bedroom. You know those sleepless nights?

My husband looks so cute in his sleep, it takes all of the strength I can muster not to smoosh his face or wake him with my eyes. That would be mean:(. So, instead, I've gotten up to do the want-to-do's, which include stepping out with the camera for some fresh morning, summer air (I actually love this time of morning, when everything is so still, so dewy), browsing my favorite websites, choosing paint colors for our upcoming renovation.


The need-to-do's can wait.

After all, it's Wednesday, the ever-so-cleverly named 'hump day', which means only two-point-five more days until the weekend. This week has been just one of those weeks that crawls.... along..... at a snail's.... pace.


 
I'm looking forward to a very lazy home weekend with my husband and dog; something that we haven't really had in a while.



On another note, there has been a smart (and admittedly, slightly obnoxious) little guy who goes into my garden and takes annoying little bites out of my tomatoes. He seems to really enjoy the Early Girls (one per day) and the sweetie baby girls (of which he prefers two per day).



At least eat the whole thing, so I don't have to know you even exist! But no, he takes a snippy little bite and leaves the rest for me. It's the game of twenty questions: What kind of little creature can get through chicken wire? What kind of creature likes to eat tomatoes? A creature that, maybe, only comes out at night? Can any of you dear readers help me solve this riddle??

Happy hump day to you all.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying your summer :) That is so weird with the tomato thing! Initially I thought it probably was a rabbit... but to fit through chicken wire? I'm not so sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin:). I was thinking maybe a little mouse? There are so many critters here, it's hard to determine. I hope your summer is going well too. I loved all of your CC and Nantucket photos:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi blair..loved your photographs...

    and i was thinking a little tiny miss mouse too

    happy to visit today

    sending love,
    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely little notes :).