Today, Mother Nature doesn't know if she wants rain or shine in Massachusetts, so we've seen a little of both. I wrote this post last night, but didn't upload the photos until today. Since I wrote this, I've eaten 3 cupcakes. Yikes:).
There's been a lot of talk of Autumn floating around this blogworld lately. While I really love the summer, I can't help but get excited for fall, as it's been my favorite season since I was a little girl jumping in gigantic piles of leaves and carving pumpkins. Maybe it's because Autumn always brings my birthday, or maybe it's because of the smell of pumpkin pie, freshly plucked apples, anything-spice. Perhaps it's because the clothes are oh-so-cute-and-snuggly. I don't know, but whatever it is, it's on my mind right now:).
There's been a lot of talk of Autumn floating around this blogworld lately. While I really love the summer, I can't help but get excited for fall, as it's been my favorite season since I was a little girl jumping in gigantic piles of leaves and carving pumpkins. Maybe it's because Autumn always brings my birthday, or maybe it's because of the smell of pumpkin pie, freshly plucked apples, anything-spice. Perhaps it's because the clothes are oh-so-cute-and-snuggly. I don't know, but whatever it is, it's on my mind right now:).
And when I think of fall, I get a hankering to bake.
Tonight I baked one of Matt's favorites- carrot cake. But instead of a cake, I found a sweet (and delicious) carrot cake muffin recipe online here.
Absolutely scrumptious:)
With the pumpkin spice candle lit and a tall glass of milk, we're going to sit and enjoy the taste of fall on this rainy summer evening.
xoxo






that picture... on the last post....it's you, right...????
ReplyDeleteso cute...
and Blair, I LOVED this post so much...me too...i have a pumpkin spice candle i have been ligting every evening...your carrot muffins look so good..i can smell them from here....
that farmstand looks like it will be a winner in the Fall...she said she will have lots of cider and apples
john and i saw michael buble at the santa barbara bowl a couple of years ago...he was great...and so cute and funny....
wouldn't it be fun if you came out this way????
sending love to you and luna on this sweet, summery, saturday...
kary and teddy
xxx
I am LOVING summer but I can just imagine how nice it would be to sit and eat a carrot cake muffin, to sip a cup of tea and watch the leaves fall outside the window. It'll come soon enough!
ReplyDeleteSigh... I cannot wait for autumn too, although I'm not rushing it; the anticipation makes it all the more exciting! ♥
ReplyDeleteP.S.- The cupcakes look mouth-watering! I would have ate three too :p
Mmmmm......perhaps I should try out your recipe as they look divine! I like early fall when there are still leaves on the trees...the colours are so pretty and the cool briskness of the air is refreshing!
ReplyDeleteLast night a friend of mine wrote to me about hearing her babies heartbeat for the first time....and later that night when I was thinking about it I wondered to myself how Blair is doing? It's so nice to have blogger friends to think about; I like it! I hope you are feeling well....can't wait to see more baby bump photos...you are looking beautiful and so happy!
xo.
k.
i know exactly how you feel....but i also remember about 3 months ago how badly you were itching for it to officially be summer.
ReplyDeleteyou don't have too long left to watch these seasons stroll by. After baby comes, the seasons will fly as you stand still, smack dab in the middle of that breathtaking hurricane, where life whirls around you and you are totally engrossed in every fiber of his being. enjoy EVERY day. enjoy every day left of this summer. because next summer is a whole new life, a whole new everything.
:)
love you.