I wanted to share with you all an artist that I recently discovered and, thanks to my e-bay eagle eye, I've just won his painting (in the above photo). I googled 'Maine artists' and followed a few links that eventually led me to Cooper Dragonette. I found exactly what I was looking for; small & lovely New England landscapes, in the manner of Andrew Wyeth and Peter Poskas, painted by a local artist. Check out his blog here and drop him a note. One other thing that I like about him is that he blogs about his daily paintings, so each piece has it's own little story to tell. He's also responsive and appreciative when you send comments. This artist will be on my radar for a long time, and maybe he'll be on yours now as well ;).
Happy Thursday... the weekend is near;).
xoxo,
Blair
*photo from http://cooperdragonette.blogspot.com/
Nice painting! I do NOT have an ebay eagle I (*sigh*)
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could blog some of your "Ebay Eagle Eye" tips?!?!? ;)
Thanks for your comment!
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a great day, don't miss my giveaway tomorrow!
Federica
xoxo
What a gorgeous painting. That's something I would definitely hang proudly in my house.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful painting! I'll have to check him out :)
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely Blair - so great to find affordable original art, I love it! I gave up on ebay after losing some auctions I really wanted to win! Got disheartened. Never found anything this good anyway! Love xox Rachel ps love the artist's name too!
ReplyDeleteit's beautiful! I'd be so happy too if I had this painting. Thanks for introducing us to the artist!
ReplyDelete